News

NVIDIA Announces Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft Pro/AM Tournament

NVIDIA Announces Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft Pro/AM Tournament
Top Pros and Amateurs compete for $25K cash pool and qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship.

SANTA CLARA, California —February 24, 2015 — NVIDIA is proud to announce that free registration for the Hearthstone®: Heroes of WarcraftTM Pro/Am international tournament, featuring Blizzard Entertainment’s critically acclaimed digital collectable card game, is now open at https://esports.geforce.com.  Pro and amateur players will compete online for their share of the $25K prize pool and qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship.  In addition to the cash prize pool, all pro players and the 16 amateurs who make the brackets will receive NVIDIA Shield Android gaming tablets.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE NVIDIA HEARTHSTONE PRO/AM TOURNAMENT

Amateur Division: Eight weeks of open group play – one match per week. Swiss style, meaning results-based scheduling (NOT round-robin – players do not play every other player) across six regional conferences. After a short Amateur playoff (format & schedule TBA), the top 16 players will advance to the Global Playoffs. During the group stage, players in the Amateur division will play only against opponents inside of their regional conference at a default match time of 9:00 PM set in the conference’s local time zone.

Professional Division: 16 invited players have eight weeks of group play in a single global conference – two matches per week. The Professional division will use a Round-robin group style, meaning every player plays every other player once. Group stage results will determine playoff seeding.

LIVE Broadcast Schedule: There will be a 4 hour LIVE broadcast on the twitch.tv/NVIDIA channel each Wedsnesday (11 AM EST – 3:00 PM EST) throughout the Group Stage of the tournament covering the best matches of the week.

Global Playoffs: The top 16 players from the Amateur division will face off against the 16 players from the Professional division in a 32-team, single-elimination, best-of-five bracket. The Professional players will be seeded 1-16, while players from the Amateur division will be seeded 17-32. The Global Playoffs will take place on Saturday, May 30th & Sunday, May 31st, and the entire event will be streamed LIVE on the twitch.tv/NVIDIA channel.

Prize Pool ($25,000 USD + 230 qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship):

1st: $10,000.00 + 100 qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship
2nd: $5,000.00 + 50 qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship
3rd/4th: $1,500.00 + qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship
5th-8th: $750.00 + qualification points for the Hearthstone World Championship
9th-16th: $500.00

NOTE: In addition to the cash prize pool, all pro players and the 16 amateurs who make the brackets will receive NVIDIA Shield Android gaming tablets.

“I’m super excited to be working with NVIDIA to cast this tournament for the Hearthstone community,” said.” said Marcin “Gnimsh” Filipowicz, a well-known Hearthstone-tournament caster. “Hearthstone is one of those games that’s not only fun to play, but equally as fun (if not more) to watch. I can’t wait to see how this tournament plays out.”

Players can register for the tournament from Tuesday, February 24th at 9:00 AM EST until Thursday, March 19th at 12:00 PM EST. We're looking forward to an amazing Hearthstone event and would love for you to join us.

As always, we're open to feedback and would love to hear from you. Feel free to post your comments and questions below, in the GeForce eSports forums at http://esports.geforce.com/forums/, or contact Tournament Support directly on our public TeamSpeak3 server at cevots.gameservers.com:9366.

###

About NVIDIA
Since 1993, NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has pioneered the art and science of visual computing. The company's technologies are transforming a world of displays into a world of interactive discovery -- for everyone from gamers to scientists, and consumers to enterprise customers. More information at http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/ and http://blogs.nvidia.com/.

About NVIDIA Shield
Built and sold by NVIDIA, SHIELD tablet is the ultimate tablet for gamers. It features the Tegra K1 mobile processor, an 8-inch full HD display, an optional SHIELD wireless controller and an optional cover that acts as a stand to support the device for a great gaming experience. Other key features include: up to 32GB storage plus microSD card support to store more games and content; optional LTE to take your online gaming anywhere; and a front-facing 5MP camera for in-game video chat and streaming. For more information, visit http://shield.nvidia.com.

About Blizzard Entertainment
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1 games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.

Comments

1 / 3
Well, I'm pretty certain I'm gonna get my ass handed to me, but worth a go :)
Well, I'm pretty certain I'm gonna get my ass handed to me, but worth a go :)

Posted 02/26/2015 08:04 PM
Can't wait for a chance to play alongside the pros. If I can even make it to the final 16 AMs that would be well worth it.

Posted 02/26/2015 09:22 PM
GeForce hype! Can't wait for this. Time to find a place by the hearth and get my practice in :)

Posted 02/27/2015 03:16 AM
anyone knows when does the games start?
anyone knows when does the games start?

Posted 02/27/2015 03:37 AM
[quote=""]anyone knows when does the games start?[/quote] The first matches kick off on 03/26/2015, and you can check out the full tournament schedule at https://esports.geforce.com/event/hearthstone-25k/schedule/. Thanks, CEVO|Pipher
said:anyone knows when does the games start?

Thanks,
CEVO|Pipher

Posted 02/27/2015 05:21 AM
I am a Japnese player, and living in Japan. Most of Japanese players use American server, including me. Which Conference do we chose for registration?
Which Conference do we chose for registration?

Posted 02/27/2015 07:43 AM

Posted 02/27/2015 09:03 AM
mr cevo.pipher thanks for responding so quickly. Could you tell what time zone is used on the schedule? for example i live on GMT -1. Thank you.
mr cevo.pipher thanks for responding so quickly.
Thank you.

Posted 02/27/2015 10:03 AM
[quote=""]What is the reason for not allowing legal residents of Romania to participate in this tournament?[/quote] I am also interested in reading an official answer to this question, but I don't expect any will come.
said:What is the reason for not allowing legal residents of Romania to participate in this tournament?

Posted 02/27/2015 02:59 PM
Hello i have a question. I registerd, few minutes ago, so when i have a match ? I am amateur.

Posted 02/27/2015 03:48 PM
Amazing tournament :) Would you have some information about the format in the eight weeks of open group play for the amateurs ? I think there will be some trouble the 3rd april and 8th may, because there are Gamers Assembly and Dreamhack at the same time, I'll take part to both but I'll try to figure it out
Amazing tournament :)

Posted 02/27/2015 03:54 PM
How and when do we find out who we are playing ? How does it work
How and when do we find out who we are playing ? How does it work

Posted 02/27/2015 05:02 PM
so top16 of amateur win qualify plus tablet, but what's the sense of the pro division? they are 16 and they pass in 16?

Posted 02/27/2015 08:51 PM
Greetings from Southeast Asia. I am a semi-pro competitive player. Currently ranked Top 6 in Click Storm League's SEA First New Series event. Looking forward to know when is our matches set which I assume will start around 27th of March 2015 as stated. Regards.

Regards.

Posted 02/28/2015 03:42 AM
Hi, I have a question with schedules.

Posted 03/01/2015 07:53 AM
[quote=""]Hi, I have a question with schedules. For example, the first ronde becomes the 03/27/2015 2:00 AM, what time zone it be?[/quote] I would likw to know too
said:Hi, I have a question with schedules.

I would likw to know too

Posted 03/01/2015 08:20 PM
Where can I find a list of the rules? Like how many decks in a match etc.
Where can I find a list of the rules? Like how many decks in a match etc.

Posted 03/03/2015 04:37 PM
this sucks... i signed up,but looks like all amateur games are at 9pm(assuming est) on thursdays. Sucks for me, as i have class still at that time on thursdays

Posted 03/04/2015 01:49 AM
also would like to know if the games are using our decks we have made, or is it arena style, or what.

Posted 03/04/2015 01:51 AM
[quote=""]What is the reason for not allowing legal residents of Romania to participate in this tournament?[/quote] I am from Romania and I had no problems registering...

I am from Romania and I had no problems registering...

Posted 03/04/2015 07:18 PM
Does it matter if you're 18 or not? I have some friends who are interested but are under 18 O:

Posted 03/05/2015 01:49 AM
:D
:D

Posted 03/05/2015 10:19 PM
Is there a time frame for each match or can we do the match any time As long as its within the day of the match?

Posted 03/06/2015 01:33 PM
Let me.reformulate my question, can my opp and i Play before 9 PM and just call in the results at 9 and how much time previous to the match do we get to know who we are matched against?

Posted 03/06/2015 02:39 PM