News

GeForce eSports Presents: World of Tanks Veteran’s Day 1-Million Gold Charity Division

Amateur 3-Tank teams to compete For 1-Million In Wargaming Gold; Wargaming and NVIDIA team up to donate cash and hardware systems to veterans charities.

NVIDIA today announced the addition of the new GeForce eSports World of Tanks (GTXWoT) 3v3 Tournament Amateur Division, complete with a 1 million in-game gold prize pool paid out to the top 128 teams and cash and hardware donations to Veteran's charities.

Registration is now open at esports.geforce.com for the new North American 3-tank team Amateur Division, complete with a 1 million in-game gold prize pool.   Registration closes Friday October 4th and gameplay begins Monday, October 7th.  The Finals will be held on Veteran’s Day November 11th and will be streamed live on Twitch.tv.  The teams will compete in a Tier 4 competition with 1,000,000 in Wargaming gold paid out amongst the top 128 placing teams.   There will be no limit to the number of teams allowed to register and the 3-tank teams are allowed 2 extra substitute players on the roster.

“We’re extremely excited to share details about the Amateur Division activities for the GeForce eSports World of Tanks Open,” said James Grunke, director of global eSports at NVIDIA. “NVIDIA and Wargaming.net will match dollar for dollar up to $5000 for every registrant who joins the competition resulting in a $10,000 donation to veteran’s charity organizations to be announced on opening game day.  We’re also giving out two GeForce GTX equipped  gaming systems and lots of Wargaming gold which will be put to good use at a Veteran's charity hospital.  The players will have a blast and it’s all for a good cause.”

World of Tanks is a team-based, massively multiplayer online game dedicated to armored warfare in the mid-20th century. With more than 70 million registered users worldwide,(2) World of Tanks is a fast-paced PC shooter game with in-depth weaponry, economics and robust eSports tools.

The Veteran’s charities will be announced on opening game day.  The GeForce GTX hardware system donations will come equipped with EVGA GeForce GTX GPUs and premium gaming accessories provided by Razer.

Join now at https://esports.geforce.com/account/join-event/wot-amateur/

Comments

Signed up! ^____^ I wish i had gold
Signed up! ^____^ I wish i had gold

Posted 10/03/2013 04:10 AM
Is this registration page not working? I click join now and nothing happens, tried it in 3 different browsers.

Posted 10/04/2013 01:50 AM
dame for some of our guys.
dame for some of our guys.

Posted 10/04/2013 04:07 AM
Hey guys, has anyone filed a report on it? My friends and I were going to get a team, and now they're in and I cant join, it was working yesterday but not today, maybe we should all just report it? They also sent me a invitation to join the team, but when clicked, it sends me to the page above saying "Sorry but the email registered to this account does not match the invitation email address. Select "Join Team"" but there is no "join team" button...

Posted 10/04/2013 04:06 PM
Well this just is not a very user friendly site. My team had some trouble joining and I guess that is why they changed the registration deadline. Now all the plans that my team mates made to be around on the original start day are messed up.

Posted 10/06/2013 10:23 AM
We had someone have difficulties joining until we figured out that teams have a 5 person limit, and we already had 5.

I build my own rigs, I play games... life is good.

World of Tanks: Jarod997 [CS7-E]

Posted 10/08/2013 04:51 PM
1 million gold!!!!!!! yeah right, among the first 128 teams which translates into less than 3k gold per participant if you manage to be in the top 128 teams...I suppose the better your team does, the better the gold prize but still I do not believe that even first prize will reach 10k gold per player...but hey 1 million gold does catch the eye lol... marketers should be known as marketeers.

Posted 10/11/2013 06:53 AM
Well if you read closer. Those who enter this tournament! yes it is for gold but a lot of people have entered this tournament not for the gold but to support VETERANS. That's is my reason for this to have fun and support our Veterans who deserve more than we can ever give them for their bravery and sacrifices they have made for their country!

Posted 10/12/2013 04:07 PM
I find this Tournemant to be difficult (too many rules).... Better if WOT ran it....
I find this Tournemant to be difficult (too many rules)....

Better if WOT ran it....

Posted 10/15/2013 12:14 AM
Just finished first round of battles, and it was fun! I can't wait for round two, and to do this again in the future.

Posted 10/15/2013 01:31 AM
Wolfpack NA team is enjoying this immensely as it gives us good exp against other teams besides the normal skirmishes that happen regularly .... plus it is for a good cause as well which wolfpack NA team supports

Posted 10/28/2013 07:26 AM
Any word on when the gold payouts will occur? last match was what, 3 days ago??
Any word on when the gold payouts will occur? last match was what, 3 days ago??

Posted 11/28/2013 01:42 PM